Executive Assistant Role at iamtheCODE
iamtheCODE is an African led global movement designed to mobilise government, private sector, and investors to advance STEAMED (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics, entrepreneurship, arts and design) Education. Our goal is to empower 1 million women and girls globally to become coders by 2030 and to align with the United Nations 2030 agenda.
iamtheCODE is looking for a new Executive Assistant to support our executive team. You will manage mostly business related tasks for the team such as creating reports, organising travel and accommodation, taking minutes, and other organisational tasks. To do this role properly you should have a detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office suite, Trello, be extremely fast at solving problems and have experience as an executive or administration assistant in the past.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Preparing financial statements, reports, memos, invoices letters, and other documents
- Answering phones and routing calls to the correct person or taking messages
- Handling basic bookkeeping tasks
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives
- Helping prepare for meetings
- Accurately recording minutes from meetings
- Greeting visitors and deciding if they should be able to meet with executives
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software
- Reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and distributing them as needed
- Making travel arrangements for executives
- Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database
- Experience as a virtual assistant
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming faxes, emails, and other correspondence
- Provide general administrative support.
Executive Assistant Requirements:
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite and Trello
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making skills
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
In addition to relevant experience and secretarial and administrative knowledge, you’ll need to show evidence of the following:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good organisational and time management skills
- The ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Honesty and reliability
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
To apply or recommend someone for this role, email: firstname.lastname@example.org