1. Who we are and how to contact us
https://www.iamthecode.org/ (the “Website“) is a site operated by iamtheCODE CIC (“we“, (“us“, “our“). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11383974 and have our registered office at 147 Yew Tree Drive, Bellfields, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1NZ.
We are regulated by the CIC regulator.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the above address.
2. By using our Website you accept these terms
References to “you” or “your” are references to any individual accessing our Website.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Website.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
3. There are other terms that may apply to you
4. We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated in June 2019.
5. We may modify, suspend or withdraw our Website
Our Website is made available free of charge.
We may update and change our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our products and services, our business priorities or for any other reason.
You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such change, suspension or withdrawal of our Website.
6. How you may use material on our Website
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
7. Acceptable use of our Website
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect, including in any way that might breach Section 12 (Security) below.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- For any commercial purpose, including but not limited to, to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- In any way which undermines or negatively impacts our Website.
- In any way which creates the impression of an association, approval or endorsement between our Website and/or products, and you or another third party, including but not limited to, through the use of co-branding, framing our Website on any other site, hyperlinking to our Website or using meta tags or “hidden text” with our name or trade marks without our prior written permission.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any part of our Website;
- Any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- Any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
When we consider, in our discretion, that a breach of this Section 7 has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including without limitation:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to access our Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
8. Do not rely on information on this Website
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date. Your use of the Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis only.
9. We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Website contains hyperlinks to third-party internet websites and resources, such links are not an endorsement by us of such websites or of any of the products, services or information you may obtain from them.
You use such links entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility or liability for the content, use or availability of such websites. We have not verified the truth or accuracy of any content of such websites.
Those websites or resources may have their own terms, conditions and policies, and it is your duty to ensure that you comply with them. We accept no liability, no matter how that may be caused, for any failure on your part to view, comply or familiarise with any such terms, conditions and policies.
10. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Access to our Website is provided for personal, non-commercial use only. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to repair or compensation under consumer protection law. However, we will not be liable for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow our instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements for such content.
11. How we may use your personal information
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
13. Rules about linking to our Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Website in any website that is not owned by you.
Our Website must not be framed on any other Website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
14. Entire Agreement and Severability
15. Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
#iamtheCODE (Break the code)
iamtheCODE is a Community Interest Company (CIC).
Company number 11383974